ManufacturingNZ is a division of BusinessNZ. Through our nationwide network we can provide the knowledge, information, contacts, training, support and services to help you grow your manufacturing business.
Our Executive Director Catherine Beard is dedicated full time to working on behalf of New Zealand manufacturers and exporters, communicating their business challenges to politicians, policy makers, the media and the public.
New Zealand's manufactured exports make up around 85% of all merchandise exports from this country. The sector is steadily moving towards more innovative and specialised goods and services that earn higher export revenues.
Manufacturing forums and policy research and advocacy are a key part of BusinessNZ's representation of the manufacturing sector – eg working to improve government procurement so manufacturers have better opportunities to win tenders.
Tools on this site that manufacturers will find helpful include:
- a directory of contract manufacturers
- a free online LEAN manufacturing assessment tool to help improve productivity
- the latest news, information, training and events
- regular e-newsletters highlighting current news and opportunities for manufacturers
- Performance of Manufacturing Index – the BNZ-BusinessNZ PMI – a monthly survey which provides the most accurate and timely data about manufacturing. It's aligned with PMI surveys in the US, EU, Asia and Australia, allowing comparisons between manufacturing activity in New Zealand and other economies.
BusinessNZ is committed to New Zealand's success by promoting sustainable growth through free enterprise. It is New Zealand's largest advocacy group for enterprise, and champions policies leading to:
- international competitiveness
- balanced employment, economic and environmental legislation
- compliance and tax levels that foster growth and investment
- innovation and skill development
- an environment fostering the production of high value goods and services
Can't find what you're looking for?
ManufacturingNZ welcomes your feedback and any specific questions or requests for information you may have.MAKE A SUGGESTION